Pettifoggery

Pettifogger - 1) a lawyer whose methods are petty, underhanded, or disreputable 2) one given to quibbling over trifles

Name:
Location: The Wild and Woolly West, United States

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Sex! Sex! Sex! Got you attention, didn't I?

Craigslist seems to be the forum of choice for libel. By the way, libel is written defamation and slander is spoken defamation, though the definitions get a bit fuzzy when it comes to radio and television broadcast and the Internet, due to the permanence of the media. Since Craigslist is an anonymous message board, many people choose to spread rumor and gossip and worse. For some reason, these screeds usually have grammar, punctuation, and spelling reflective of public restroom graffiti. I suspect just as reliable too. I already wrote about one "d.a. puppet." Here's another:

BACKGROUND CHECK "(name deleted)"
Date: 2006-10-31, 3:55PM PST

WARNING:

***** BEWARE OF SEX PEDOPHILE – RAPIST NAMED (name deleted)***** ALSO PRACTICE LAW IN (city deleted).

He acted real nice and sleek talk to women specially married women to get into having sex with them and even with their kids – He has ruined many lives – He is a SCUM and a rapist. He's white, late '50, driving a (car description deleted)

All the men please safe guard yourselves – DON’T BE A VICTIM – AVOID (name deleted) AS POSSIBLE – KEEP YOUR FAMILY AWAY FROM THIS SCUMBAG RAPIST.


I was curious about this, so I looked up the name in a legal directory on Westlaw and on the state bar association's website to see if there are any reprimands or suspensions and find out he's a Deputy District Attorney with a clean record. Is there really a prosecutor who has a secret life as a sexual predator? Or is someone wanting to publicly defame with no repercussions a prosecutor? I'm leaning towards the latter.

Speaking of prosecutors and sex, in a scene reminiscent of two Carolina Panther cheerleaders, a prosecutor was caught having sex with his paralegal in a bathroom in Qwest Field in Seattle. The prosecutor said he was just using the bathroom. The woman's bathroom. In a stall with another woman.

To have something redeeming in the post, I recommend reading a new law blog, Sex Crimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home