Pettifoggery

Pettifogger - 1) a lawyer whose methods are petty, underhanded, or disreputable 2) one given to quibbling over trifles

Name:
Location: The Wild and Woolly West, United States

Sunday, March 04, 2007

I should start eating hamburgers

I earlier had written about my my love of Cherry Coke. I knew I was not alone, but I didn't realize I had such esteemed company. Warren Buffett in his annual letter to Berkshire Hathaway shareholders wrote about a Berkshire Hathaway without him at the helm. However, he wrote that unfortunate occurrence isn't happening anytime soon.

The good news: At 76, I feel terrific and, according to all measurable indicators, am in excellent health. It’s amazing what Cherry Coke and hamburgers will do for a fellow.


Therefore, I feel inspired. Even though I'm a bad capitalist, I greatly admire Warren Buffet, and it's not just because he attended Penn. I would be tempted to argue that Buffet is a bad capitalist too. After all, he's a known philanthropist and doesn't believe in transferring wealth from generation to generation. His children are only going to become modestly wealthy, not fabulously wealthy, when he passes away. That would seem to me against the very best traditions of the Carnegies, the Vanderbilts, the Hiltons, and other tycoon families.

One day, I hope to aspire to own one share of Berkshire Hathaway, which trades upwards of $100,000/share. And when I get that share, I better have a damn certificate that I can frame. Anyways, in order to ever get that wealthy, I better emulate Mr. Buffet, and should add Dairy Queen hamburgers to my diet.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lex Fori said...

You ever coming back?

Miss you

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home